Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CSS question....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Hello. I edit my page a lot on myspace and it mostly is used, using css. Whenever I enter a comment..for example..

/* text goes here */

When I submit the changes and stuff, that comment line, changes to "r{}" .. why would it do that and what does that mean? Thanks.

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
that would just be part of my space security i belive but i have never used my space so i'm not too sure. it also may just be that myspace is rendeing the page differently so it is converting the comment to allow for this.

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
It's definitely a filter that's giving you the problem.
I've been unable to find a fix - if you look here (read the third post titled "Very Important MySpace Change"):

ModMySpace

he seems to suggest that your only option is to remove the comments - either by doing it manually OR by using his form...

Not saying my answer's definitive, but, from what I've seen on various MySpace forums, there doesn't seem to be another solution....

pomp

pomp

the man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
I actually came across on a site where it says.. it removed you being able to use
/*  */

But I believe the following will work:

note {'COMMENT HERE'}

Some of the myspace generators, display that code and it stays there and stuff, so it seems like that's what you can use. But maybe that's just between the <style></style> tags, so, ehh.. that stinks they like disabled you from using /* */ .. weird..