Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No autoplay for camera

• Please log in to reply

wright3279

wright3279

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
At one time I could just plug in my digital camera (Sony Cybershot) and a menu would open up giving me options like save, print , etc. It no longer does that. I can go to the drive G and get them there or have Webshots or Picasso retrieve the pictures. But what happened to the automatic feature? I've tried setting autoplay by clicking G/ properties while the camera is on but does no good. Why did it quit working?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I don't know if this is the problem but when i installed a new photo program on my computer my kodak camera software quit opening up when i hooked the camera up. I ended up uninstalling the camera software and then reinstalling to ge it to work.

SRX660

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I haven't installed any other cameras. In fact, I never had to install the Sony. XP does it automatically.