Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

spyware

• Please log in to reply

Asia

Asia

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I downloaded a newer version of aim the other day. since then i have had terrible problems with spyware. ive got spybot and spyware doctor, non really have been able to get rid of stuff. it tells me to restart my computer and run the spybot. it doesnt seem to solve the problem. any ideas on that? the message says its being used. also since then, i havent been able to open itunes at all. ive redownloaded itunes yet it did not help. your ideas would be highly appreciated

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi Asia,
Welcome to GTG,,

First of all could you tell me if you have any anti virus software, and if so, what it is you use ??

Asia

Asia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I use Norton. Its worked great.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi Asia,
I am very pleased that i have helped resolve your problem.

Can i suggest that you add "ADAWARE " to your anti spyware solutions. Its free to download.

Run Adaware and Spybot on a weekly basis from now on, and ensure you keep both of them updated before you run the weekly task.
More importantly,, run your Norton antivirus weekly as well, ensuring that you keep that updated as also.

These few small tasks, can" HELP " keep your computer from being infected again.
Keep on top of things,,, doesnt take long.
Cheers,, kev.

Asia

Asia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I ran norton and adware. as soon as i was done i had a pop up. anything eles that could be a problem?

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Try one more time ,,,

reboot your computer,,, run spybot. Reboot again.

Run adaware,,,, reboot again.

Finish off by running a full system scan with norton,,,, reboot.

If you are still getting popups, make sure your popup blocker is on.

You can also try " EWIDO " but try the other method again first.

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Get back to us and let me know how you get on.

If you are still having problems i can direct you to the " hijack this " section and the experts can have a look at whats going on.
Good luck.

Asia

Asia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok so i tried all of those suggestions...but im still gettin pop ups from monstermarketplace.com and this thing called zeno. when i go to the windows task manager it says im running firefox, aim, and ngpw36. i dont know what that last one is. is my computor really screwed?
thanks for ur help

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Asia,

Please visit our malware forum and follow the instructions at the top, then, if needed, post a hijack this log and someone will help you,

We do not perform malware clean up in this forum because we have people specially trained to deal with them.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Thanks Gerry,
your advice was my next step,
Will leave it to you guys now, cheers.