Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD burning - very slow: Any help?

• Please log in to reply

yoshihiro

yoshihiro

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am using an 8x DVD writer/re-writer to burn dvds. I put in a dvd to copy and it took 50 minutes to read it (1,500kbps), and is writing at 11,080kbps apparently with Nero Express 7.
My question is, is there any way I can speed up the process to read the dvd before copying it? Otherwise it is going to take over 1 hour to copy a dvd which is not desirable.

Many thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if loading the DVD and then copying the file to a folder on the hard drive is quicker than the 50 minutes read, then burn it from the folder to the new disc

yoshihiro

yoshihiro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

See if loading the DVD and then copying the file to a folder on the hard drive is quicker than the 50 minutes read, then burn it from the folder to the new disc

Thanks for replying Keith. Yes I will do that.