Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DSL connection between two computers

• Please log in to reply

phmintz

phmintz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone help please?

I want to hook two computers up using the same DSL modem. One computer has windows 98 and the other windows XP. They both have ethernet cards. I want to use wireless to share the internet between the two computers. What do I need to purchase and how do I set it up? Thanks

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You need to buy a wireless router. I have the Linksys Wireless G 54Mbps Broadband Router (WRT54G) and love it. I have no problems with it and is supports WAP. To use the computer wireless you need to buy wireless cards. Linksys also makes these the Linksys Wireless-G PCI Ethernet Adapter (WMP54G), also another great product. If and when you buys these post back and I will help you setup it all up. Hope that this helps.