Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Loud External Drive

• Please log in to reply

brf4n

brf4n

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm using a 30 gig Quantum Fireball to stream my mp3s to my Xbox 360. Problem is, the drive emits this loud piercing noise that is only remedied by cranking up the music real loud. That's no problem, except at night when I want to listen to music and have to keep it low.

Is there anyway to muffle the sound coming from the drive (it's an internal in an external 3.5" box) or at least slow it down from 7200 RPM to something half as fast? Someone suggested using a drive utility to do this, but I have yet to find one on the maxtor.com website.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks all.

Advertisements