Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

MS Office 2003 Update question

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Hi, I own MS Office 2003. However, I only have Word, Excel, Publisher, and Frontpage installed on my computer (not Access, Powerpoint, or Outlook [though I do have Outlook Express]).

I just went to the MS Office update site today and it told me I should install an update for Outlook. Though Outlook is not installed on my system, should I still download and install the update?

thank you,

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The updates are offered generically regardless of what's actually installed. Office Update offers Office 2000 updates, to Publisher 2000 when it isn't actually installed. It also offers me more Office Assistants despite the fact I killed the little [bleep] three years ago :tazz:

You can opt to download it though then it'll find that Outlook isn't available and tell you so when it tries to install. It's worth trying to install it as it may patch some other files in the meantime that affect the rest of Office.

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Aweful looking meat product? is it Treet? no it's SPAM!!!