Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Something really weird

• Please log in to reply

RedStorm11

RedStorm11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi

i was just playing battlefeild 2 normally i never have lag on it unless its a extreme high ping server and i only have 90. so i exited and checked to see if some1 jacked up my settings there fine. I go back to my desktop start a spybot check and i relize on my desktop i have this weird file its named itself SIV4C and apparently its a empty notepad file, so i tryed to delete it but its saying "cannot delete file: Cannot read from source file or disk" Could this be a virus??or am i overreacting? lmao

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
try restarting your computer and see if it can be deleted then.

RedStorm11

RedStorm11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok its gone now just as it was logging out the program i was refering to starting flashing like crazy and then my comp restarted. so hopefully everything is back to normal..

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
my first reaction is that battlefield creates a temp file, but I would be surprised if they did it on the desktop.....