Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blocked programs

• Please log in to reply

duckie girl

duckie girl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok im pretty computer illiterate so im sorry if this is in the wrong place. i have a web cam a VP- eye ,pc cam (6029 CIF) and im trying to use it on MSN. when i go to share my cam it says connecting to.( who evers name) then it cuts out. and the same happens when they try and send me theirs. and it happens for every one i try this with. i have checked my fire wall. im using the windows xp secutity, and the fire wall isnt blocking it. i think my router is blocking it, but i have tired puting what i think are the right ports in, and still nothing. my lime wire is having the same problem, i dont have a connection. i have tried giving my router the ports and it still isnt helping. is there any one out there that might be able to tell me some other ports to try or anything else i could try?? :tazz:
please any thing?

Edited by duckie girl, 10 January 2006 - 08:44 PM.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi Dickie Girl!!! Welcome to Geeks To Go
that sounds like a browser issue. what browser are you using?

rich-m

rich-m

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi, is your windows fireewall on or off?, it's is more of a pain that its worth if its on. Also if you look on the application logs of your 3rd party firewall, you may see an entry where the program is beeing blocked.

Please post back and let us know.

Ta
Rich

duckie girl

duckie girl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys thnx for the help, i ended up figuring it out. my router was blocking everything. for some reason it wasnt releasing the programs that i wanted know mater how much i tried. so what i did was take my ethernet cable from the router and plugged it into my switch (D link DSS-5+) and it seems to work fine..... before i tried it out, i did try and turn off my fire wall as well as get the other people to do so too and it didnt work.. as well as releasing the ports and some other things.. nothing worked, but its working again. thnx for the help! :) :tazz: