Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Mouse pointer problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I recently took out my ati 9700 graphics card, uninstalled the drivers and put in a new evga 6600gt. and installed drivers. I have a dell windows xp pro, sp2. after i installed the new graphics card and drivers and played and exited a pc game in noticed something....my pointer disapearead. i had to go into the Control panel and go to mouse and turn on pointer trails for it to appear. In games like Counter strike source the mouse is broken or soemthing and flickers and has a box around it like an animated gif. when it disapears it disapears in everything, even when i start up other games it remains gone until i go back to the mouse menu and turn off then on mouse trails. everytime i start a game that takes up the fullscreen it seems to do this. it must be a thing with the new drivers or card as it never did this before.... any help would be appreciated, thanks!