Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

video

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Carina_*

Guest_Carina_*
A while back I had to get my computer formatted and ever since then i can't play dvds on my computer or watch a video online. Does anyone know anything i can do that will help me be able to play dvd on my laptop or watch a video?

Advertisements

finalmad

finalmad

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
do you have movie viewing software on laptop eg.Cyberlink Power DVD

Guest_Carina_*

Guest_Carina_*
Yes, i just downloaded one recently. but the screen will just be black and will not show anything. same with video that i try to watch online

finalmad

finalmad

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
sorry but i cant think of any thing at the moment when i get something ill
post you back

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would try downloading the full klite codec pack, also have you tried reinstalling media player 10.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
download vlc media player. it plays almost every format, no need for codec packs

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That doesnt fix the rest of it, and vlc alcks polish itsnot even in its final release version yet.

Guest_Carina_*

Guest_Carina_*
I have the latest verison of media player and i downloaded that full klite codec pack as you said but still i can not get a picture when i put in a dvd or watch a video. still a black screen....

covertcycle

covertcycle

• Pip
  • 8 posts
before you formatted your computer, did you by any chance update your video driver? :tazz: