Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trying to copy dvd data to a dvd-r

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i am trying to backup a dvd using nero 7 and hopefully someone here can actually help me with this. as i have spoken to numerous people and they dont know how to use it either i am either gonna bring it back and just never gonna buy a dvd again. someone plz help me?! (ive never done this before and despertaely need help before i go bonkers)

i am trying to copy the VTS files to a dvd-r in my DVD/CD-RW drive. but when i try to copy the files to the dvd-r disc in my rw drive using nero express i have this winodw come up.

DVD+RW ND-2100AD: Waiting for Disc ? x

Please insert the disc to write to...

Disc required for the compilation: DVD+R/RW

Disc type in the recorder: (Empty)

Any response may be extremly slow. Please be patient.

The thing is i have waited for about 5 hours. And i have had a dvd-r disc in the drive im gonna write to for over 5+ hours. Someone with this kind of knowledge plz help! Could it be a driver?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It you have a DVD-R disc in the drive it wont work because that message if you read carefully is asking for a DVD+R you get to formats of DVDs plus and minus most burners these days can do both but it looks like yours needs the + format to work.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
I wasnt going to do this when I first read the thread, but since you sent me that "nice" PM...

Warriorscot, he's trying to copy movies. His other thread was shut down, and he is on more than one administrator's S list.

Agentx, both this thread (and my post in its entirety) and the PM you sent me have been fowarded to Kat.

To everyone else reading, please do NOT reply until Kat has posted here. But I have a feeling this thread won't remain open long.

-Ryan

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Strike # 598098097. He's out of here.