Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP and computer screen

• Please log in to reply

John Cutler

John Cutler

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi,

I just turned on my computer and it seems yo start up normally until the part where is loads all the icons and the computer screen goes into "power saving mode" its an lg flatscreen.

But when I reboot the computer in safe mode the monitor and programs work.

Your help would be appreciated.

John

Advertisements

Gabriel

Gabriel

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I would recommend a complete virus scan/spy ware scan in safe mode, then load up computer normally if problem persist then come back here.

Also in safe mode do the following

start > control panel > power options > turn off monitor (on drop downlist select Never)

this may help

Edited by Gabriel, 11 January 2006 - 02:12 AM.

John Cutler

John Cutler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Did that... problem is still there... I think the video card is not working properly

John

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Re-install the video adapter drivers, use Everest Home if you do not know which one is installed. You may find more recent drivers on the manufacturer's site

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on right for display / video adapter

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unable to find them, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also..because of their refresh rates...some of those fancy flat screen monitors come with their own driver cds....for the actual monitor...did yours come with one of those?