Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there a rule of thumb to looking at screens

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I imagine playing games or surfing is worse for the eyes than television in that the distance is shorter between the eyes and the screen and also that one is ofter looking at smaller detail(than just watching television) does anyone know or can advise me as to this subject, how often I should be looking away or taking a break, background lighting, etc., is this something I should be addressing my children about then, and do you feel this subject to do overlooked at the moment likely to cause problems in later life, not only for myself but for the general public too?

Advertisements

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
Here is a good clear website about safely using a computer....theres a quiz too...enjoy.

http://www.learninglink.ac.uk/keepfit/

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks that is more or less what I am looking for, last question though: in a workplace what would one suggest to be a good break duration, I mean how many minutes at the screen for how many off screen.

I imagine all sorts of medical problem will arise from present trends. Also, with children and their gaming should their be some sort of advise given. It is not so much glare being the problem these days but more likely tunnel vision. And the growing need to reading specticals at an ever earlier age.

Lastly, if this was proved to be the case, who would be held responcible?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I found this answer if it interests people, they seem to suggest five minutes in the hour but I still think that is little, link below:

http://www.infinn.com/infopack.html