Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erase my Identity - Lost all my baby pictures :(

• Please log in to reply

Bianca TampaFL

Bianca TampaFL

• Pip
  • 2 posts
That`s it... very sad... I have a laptop (Dell C600, windows XP) but it`s not working well anymore, so we decided to sell and started erasing some stuffs to keep only what was important. But during this process my husband delete his identity, wich was the place that all our 5 months old baby pictures were saved...

We used to have 3 identities in this computer, but only one was with this pictures. When you are deleting the user identity the computer asks (delete with all the files? and he put YES...) And now we have tried a lot of things and nothing helped us. I`m very sad, I think you can imagine.
Does anyone now anything we can do to restore this files? Is it necessary to take the computer to a technician?
Thank you so much for the attention.
Best regards, Bianca

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Your best bet would be to take it to a technician or send it in to a data recovery place. The data recovery places are VERY expensive but the most likely to get results. No matter what you decide STOP using the computer. Every time you turn it on there is more chances the data will be overwritten. Turn it off and either take it in to a tech/pro shop or you could try getdataback from this site

http://www.runtime.org/

However if you use this software you must put the harddrive you want to recover from into another computer... that is why I suggested taking it to a tech.....

Bianca TampaFL

Bianca TampaFL

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for ypur help. I`ll do it for sure.