Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I just recently formatted my hard drive and and now once I go online through Explorer when ever I try to scroll down the page it kinda jumps it doesn't just scroll down easily. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing that? Thank YOu

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in ie > tools > internet options > advanced > check the enable smooth scrolling option

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

in ie > tools > internet options > advanced > check the enable smooth scrolling option

Thanks for the quick response, however that is actualy already checked. I also just noticed that my pointing device or mouse will move on its own kinda like its gliding acrost the screen. I'm not sure if both the problems are the same in one or not. Any other suggestions?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what kind of mouse is it?
have you installed any software that came with it?

also...try unchecking that smooth scrolling...sometimes...not having it on makes it smoother (man i love windows)

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

what kind of mouse is it?
have you installed any software that came with it?

also...try unchecking that smooth scrolling...sometimes...not having it on makes it smoother (man i love windows)

The PC I'm using is a toshiba notebook and I do have a USB mouse hooked up to it. I did uncheck the scroll smoothly and its still doing it. I haven't installed any software except my antivirus and quickbooks 06, you think one of those applications might have caused it? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

The PC I'm using is a toshiba notebook and I do have a USB mouse hooked up to it. I did uncheck the scroll smoothly and its still doing it. I haven't installed any software except my antivirus and quickbooks 06, you think one of those applications might have caused it? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.

Can anyone help please? Thank You.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did your mouse come with a cd?

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

did your mouse come with a cd?

No the mouse did not come with a cd. Even when I don't use the mouse I use the laptop pointing device it does it. I went to computer management and went to other devices and saw there is a VGA controller not installed you think that might have something to do with it?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yes..yes it might

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

yes..yes it might

Well this is what happened. I wiped the hard drive and used the copy of windows xp pro I bought and used that product key by mistake. So now when I put in the toshiba recovery and applications/drivers disk its not recognizing that this laptop is a toshiba. So it won't install the VGA controller. Do by chance know a work around for that?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can probably download the driver from the toshiba website

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

you can probably download the driver from the toshiba website

I'll take a look. Thanks for the help.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I'll take a look. Thanks for the help.

I can't find the driver at all on the website. Maybe you might know where else I can get it. my pc is a
Toshiba Satellite 5205-S705 I'm not sure if you need that info or not. I would really appreciate it thanks again

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.csd.toshi...gngdgnj.0&ct=DL

try that

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

http://www.csd.toshi...gngdgnj.0&ct=DL

try that

The problem is fixed. Thank you so much your best.