Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpySherrif got me too!

• Please log in to reply

Hate Windows 98

Hate Windows 98

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello, new to the board. Found this place doing a search for SpySherriff & came across this link:

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=85937

I have pretty much the same problem. Can't change my desktop, my searches are completely jacked & when I go to my 'view' then 'toolbars' buttons... 'standard, address, links, etc.... are all in gray & can't access them. I've run SpySweeper, SpyBot, Anti-Vir, Microsoft Anti Spyware & have a log from Hijackthis. I will very appreciate anyone who can help. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• jacked.jpg
  • tooljacked.jpg

Edited by F'in Windows98, 11 January 2006 - 10:59 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Hate Windows 98

Hate Windows 98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks. I got up to D/ling the Shredder but I can't seem to boot my PC into 'safe mode'. On my PC the 2 keys are F2 Bios & F10 Menu, in Menu it just comes up 1. CD Drive, 2. Removable Drive, 3. Hard Drive & 4. LAN. Am I missing something?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
safe mode comes after that...and it's usually the f8 key

Hate Windows 98

Hate Windows 98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok. For whatever reason, ealier today I was not able to restart in 'safe mode'(EDIT: even after hitting the F8 button before full startup). Updated & ran Spybot then was able to go into 'Safe mode'. So far I've gotten back access to my 'view/toolbars' & my searches don't seem to be jacked anymore but still am unable to change my desktop background.

Edited by F'in Windows98, 11 January 2006 - 11:49 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Like dsenette instructed you earlier, please go to the Malware Forum and Post a HijackThis log there. The experts there will be able to help you finish getting things straightened up on your computer! :tazz:

Fenor

Hate Windows 98

Hate Windows 98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Like dsenette instructed you earlier, please go to the Malware Forum and Post a HijackThis log there. The experts there will be able to help you finish getting things straightened up on your computer! :)

Fenor

Posted last night. & thanks. Great set up you guys got here. :tazz: