Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with mouse

• Please log in to reply

Sgt. Stingray

Sgt. Stingray

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey I have a problem with my mouse and am hoping there is a way to fix it heres the probelm. Sometimes my mouse cursor stays in one place but the mouse is moving but the cursor isn't moving with it and it's really annoying because i have to restart my computer. This problem started right after I installed a video driver to my video card don't know if that would cause something like this. Well I tried to explain the problem best i could if you need anything cleared up or something let me know. I have a wireless mouse but i think it might be the port because i tried a wired mouse and got same problem. Please help.
Thanks

Edited by Sgt. Stingray, 11 January 2006 - 04:35 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the driver for the wireless mouse? have you tried different ports on the machine (i assume both mice you tried were usb) have you tried a ps/2 mouse?

Sgt. Stingray

Sgt. Stingray

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
the wired mouse was a serial plug and my wirleless mouse has both and i tried it with the usb port and got same problem. I will see if there is an update for my mouse driver