Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intallation of Asound Series Sound Card

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been trying to install Asound Gold 3D sound card in windows xp Pro with much difficulty.
When I purchased computer(2nd hand), there was a sound card in it, and my estimation is that it was an ALS120, and the System detected it, but I couldn't find a driver for it, and Wizard couldn't find it either. Therefore I decided to remove the Asound Card AS007 3D PnP card from my old windows 98SE and install it in the XP Pro. Now here's the problem. I took the XP and placed it on its side, removed the side panel, which gives acces to the card slots, removed the exhisting sound card, and attempted to install the AS007 card, but when I powered up and turned on the monitor, nothing would come on the screen. So I removed the card and placed the older card back in, powered up again and still nothing on screen. Removed that one, put everything back together, sat the computer upright, powered up and voila, screen comes on Welcome to Windows XP, etc.

Has this something to do with the fact that the side panel was not put back on, or because the chasis was sitting on its side.?

egards

Waynf

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Has this something to do with the fact that the side panel was not put back on, or because the chasis was sitting on its side.?

Hi,

No the computer will run if the side panel is off and on its side, this probly has more to do with the card not being seated correctly meaning not pushed in the slot all the way and evenly.

You could also try another pci slot.

Rick

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Solved previous problem, it was because the computer was on its side. However I have tried to install program for sound card from CD-Rom but no such luck. I tried to get the wizard to detect it off the CD but it could not. It could not find it on the Internet either. The only info I have on this card is what is on the CD Cover which reads as follows:

2000 ASOUND SERIES VER. 1.0
ASOUND LINK

-PCI Sound Card + 56K Standard Modem
-Driver Directory: CD-ROM:\AS_LINK
- Installation Information: CD-ROM:\Manual\Link

ASOUND EXPRESS
-3D Wavetable PCI Sound Card
-Driver Directory: CD-ROM:\EXPRESS
-Installation Information:CD-ROM:\Manual\Express

ASOUND GOLD
-3D Wavetable ISA Sound Card
Driver Directory: CD-ROM:\AS_GOLD
Installation Information: CD-ROM:\Manual\Gold
-Wave Table Installation
RUN:CD-ROM:\AS_GOLD\S-YG20ET\Setup Exe

UNINSTALL SOUND DRIVER- RUN:CD-ROM:Uninst\Unins.exe

I tied to install it by having the CD-ROM in the drive and by doing the following command:
"RUN:CD-ROM:\AS_GOLD\S_YG20ET\Setup.exe" it opoened up a "Yahama" installation window, but only downloaded file up to 19% and then computer froze.

I rebooted and Windows XP went into a loop where it kept "checking file system on C:" I ended up having to chose "Last Good Configuration That Worked"

Advice please

Waynf