Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers

• Please log in to reply

tidud

tidud

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Why does my browser close itself automatically? It's getting to be a real problem and I don't know where to begin to fix it.

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Few questions, if you could answer them please.

1. What broswer? IE, Firefox, Mozilla?
2. What OS?
3. Do you have all the latest patches for your OS and is your browser up to date?
4. Have you scanned for spyware?
5. Do you get any error messages? If so, what are they?

B

tidud

tidud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have IE and Firefox but both of them close by itself. I'm using Windows Xp and everything that I know of is up to date. I've scanned for spyware and found nothing. I didn't get any error messages, the browsers all just close without any notice.

I'm so confused :tazz:

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Have you completely swept the machine for virus's, spyware and trojans. Will your antivirus program open, update and run to completion?

Does everything else work? Can you play pinball for several minutes?

tidud

tidud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Everything works fine and I've scanned for everything possible...nothing came up

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
How long will a browser stay open before it closes? Are you using Microsofts firewall?

tidud

tidud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The browsers only stay open with the homepage until I try to go to anther site. I found a firewall in the computer but I don't think it's working because I couldn't get any info on it.