Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
When did vista come out or when did it come out? can't seem to find the information

Edited by james_8970, 31 January 2006 - 02:19 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There will probably be a consumer technology preview that will be available to everyone sometime in the second quarter of this year (a beta). The finished "gold" version that you can buy will be available sometime late in the third quarter (my guess). It will ship this year. :tazz:

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I heard they'll try before the holiday season, right?

Edited by Comrade General, 17 January 2006 - 09:59 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
lets hope because the sooner the better. that's if they have all the bugs solved, as i'm ready to move on to a new OS.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

lets hope because the sooner the better. that's if they have all the bugs solved, as i'm ready to move on to a new OS.

There's no way they'll have all the bugs worked out. Even XP still has bug issues. Personally I think its a bad idea to change over your OS before the first service pack comes out, but thats just me. You can do whatever you want on your own system I will say this though....I have the beta test (and yes to the admin that closed the other thread....I do have the real beta test, and NO it isn't illegal I'm on the MSDN list), and the beta is very stable so far. I've hit it with almost everything I've got, every weighty tool I've tried and fix I've acquired for XP that cause blue screens and I have had no trouble as yet. No spyware either though I haven't yet ventured into the free [bleep] sites (aka viral breeding grounds lol.) Maybe next I'll find winfixer or spyaxe and try getting that on there to see how hard it is to get off. *shrugs* So far I like the OS. Still won't switch my own system over just yet, but I'm almost convinced enough to change my mind.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Security features will be the number one reason to upgrade in my opinion. :tazz:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
yup same here! Even if i'll need to buy a new computer, which i'm going to ahve to do since i'm on a piece of junk right now :tazz:

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I think you're right. Can't seem to break it.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

yup same here! Even if i'll need to buy a new computer, which i'm going to ahve to do since i'm on a piece of junk right now :tazz:

What's the specs on your system?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Junk, it's imbarresing but it's the family computer so it'll do.....for now

intel 1.4GHz, 256 DDR, Nivida GeForce 2GTS 32MB, 60GB

Edited by james_8970, 31 January 2006 - 02:22 PM.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Junk, it's imbarresing but it's the family computer so it'll do.....for now

intel 1.4GHz, 256 DDR, Nivida GeForce 2GTS 32MB, 60GB

Well family computers are nice for one reason....free. *laughs* My computer isn't that much better. I was thinking about striking up a partition on the second drive for vista testing, I just got the Beta 2. Not sure how it'll react to being the second OS on the system though. Might be interesting.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
aside from the free part though, there are no advantages. Family going on placing junk on 'em and i stick around and clean it up (have to say i love it though). Then they complain that i'm on to long fixing thier problems. One thing that i'll always find funny. O well keeps me going for now :tazz:
James

Edited by james_8970, 31 January 2006 - 03:32 PM.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
True enough. Thats why I live alone. No one touches my computer without my express written consent and a $200 dollar deposit. *laughs*

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
lol

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I was thinking of getting a new Mobo and CPU though. I need to pick up the pace over here.