Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Jobs

• Please log in to reply

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Dear Fellow Geeks :tazz: ,

I am in the 8th grade, and learning c++ (well... mostly struggling)... and i was just thinking...
how can this benifit me in high school and real life job?

Advertisements

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I heard that to do high school you don't have to know much about programming, but if you do, your benefit.
Of course there are loads of jobs if you can program in C++, that could get you anywhere. C++ and similar branches of this language is commonly used. But first, it is of course expected you will be very very experienced in C++ - not only in the syntax etc. but also solving and most importantly designing solutions and algorythms.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're wanting a job in programming...or wanting to study programming in college... then taking those classes in highschool is invaluable...you'll learn the stuff alot faster (plus learning any programming language...helps you learn any other foreign language...which is also usually required in college)...if you're not wanting to persue a carreer in programming....sometimes having weird letters in your resume confuses the employer into thinking you're great..."wow....i don't know what c++ is..but it sounds important..i've gotta hire this person..."

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Computers and Internet are the future...you should invest in those...(not money wise but liearni-wise)...

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
but i want to go to university

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

but i want to go to university

Exactly...you go to universaty and you take classes to learn a programming language...

xBPM07x

xBPM07x

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
By learning C/C++ you open up tons of job opportunities. You can either get hired by a company as a developer, or you can start your own business and code your own applications/games and sell them. How do you think all the big game companies started out? Also you can offer your skills to random clients, otherwise known as "freelancing". People pay top dollar for random (sometimes really easy) applications. It also pays to have some web knowledge, so you can code websites (as people usually pay 2000$ for a website if you find a desperate client). Programming in general can earn you all the money you'll ever need. Just about a month ago I earned 600$ for coding a parental control software!

coyne20

coyne20

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Initially learning C/C++ is good for an introductory programming language which also underlines and facilitates OO concepts. Out of all the programming languages out there, its a good 1 to get started on. The transistion to working with other languages becomes easier especially java.