Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A plethora of questions

• Please log in to reply

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
At this current point in time I am having some difficulty relating to the firewall(s) and booting on my computer. I have a few questions. When I start up the computer I receive a message from Norton Internet Security 2006 that "Windows Firewall is enabled on one or more of the connections. Do you want to disable it?" This message has only started to appear recently. In my Task Manager, there is a process titled "jucheck.exe." When I try to end that process when say I want to play some games, it will not end. What is "jucheck.exe?" The same goes for CCAPP.exe which happens to be my Norton Internet Security 2006. My question is why are these two processes not ending? My second question is should I have both Norton and Windows Firewall running simultaneously or should I disable Windows Firewall? My final question is that when I try to restart and shut down the computer, it takes much longer to do so as opposed to say two weeks ago. There are never any programs running like say Firefox or any media players. I do recall some sort of error message that I received about two weeks ago of which I cannot recall the content. After that error message appeared, the shutting down and restarting have taken several minutes to initialize. What is prolonging the initialization?

Any replies will be most appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by mycompsux, 11 January 2006 - 08:46 PM.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
1. you should only have one firewall running to reduce redundent warnings. In this case, just have norton firewall running and turn off the windows one.

2. google is your friend. So is http://www.processlibrary.com/ for processes. :tazz:

http://www.processli...check/index.php
http://www.processli...CCAPP/index.php

you should not end any of those 2 processes.

3. This is usually the case when you have Norton running. Norton drains a lot of your memory. The only real solution for this is to switch to another antivirus.

mycompsux

mycompsux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks for your help. I found out how to fix the booting problems by adjusting the personal firewall slider level of NIS05. Everything is okay now. Thanks again.