Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Saving or Opening Files

• Please log in to reply

twallace0

twallace0

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm having trouble when I try to download files. Usually I used to get the option of opening a file or saving. Now I only get the option of saving it instead of opening it. I don't want to have to save a file everytime just to open it and I need to know how to fix this back to the way it was. I would appreciate ANY help since I have to download files for school all the time.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi Twallace,
before we can help you, you need to us.

has this happend on all files that you have attempted to download, or just one? when did this start happining? what browser?

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Well it works on .exe files but hasn't been working for files that would open with Powerpoint or Word, stuff like that. .ppt and .doc files for example. Browser is Internet Explorer of course. As far as I know it just started. I know you're going to recommend another browser but that simply isn't an option at this time.