Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i want to buy a cellphone - any suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
well, i want to buy a cell phone that will just allow me to add minutes directly on to the cell phone with just 1 quick payment without paying each month. and just use up the minutes and then it's out of service. i know there are disposable cell phones and other kinds of cell phones, but is there any type of cell phone in my interest? i would like to put about 20 minutes onto a cell phone directly in 1 payment and just use up the minutes and then im done with it, or i could add more minutes to it. is there anything like that?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
That isn't the phone then but the sim card and opperator, living in Switzerland where the system is different I cannot advise you on sim card conditions of your region but if you are talking about which phone to buy, I would buy one that has a removalble data card since it is great to be able to tranfer photos and mp3 music, oh, and if that data card fits into a usb port like a datastick, plus if the phone plays the music views the photo etc., then it is like having a small computer in many ways. In fact, I thnk telephones and computers will further converge in this way.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
what you're looking for is called prepaid wireless...check out cricket...boost mobile...i think verizon and u.s. cellular (the company that owns most of those cell towers in chicago) also have prepaid packages

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What you are describing we call pay as you go in the UK about hal the mobile phones if not more use it and its done by every network.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
thanx guys. any more suggestions?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get a V3 Razr mines is great, finally a phone that fits in my pocket properly.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
well scot..if youd stop wearing those acid washed straight leg rocker jeans from the 80's...you'd have bigger pockets hehehhe

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
LMAO, If only man if only. At least it has pockets, poor ScHwErVs spandex unitard wont have any pockets at all.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
:) :woot: :P :) :) :) :tazz: :)

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
omg, lol.. u guys are hilarious.

thanx for the suggestions everyone. this will definetelly help with me buying a cell phone. thanx again.

~Iron-Wolf