Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

roller coaster tycoon 3

• Please log in to reply

adambcohen

adambcohen

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
The computer I am running this game on is a hp pavilion intel celeron 733 mhz, 128 of memory, and a new pci video card with 128mb. My os is xp pro and everything seems to be working fine. My problem is this, when I go to start the game I see double of everything. This double vision is like a ghost effect. I have not been able to find a solution and I am working on this computer for a friend. The end result is I need help!!! If anybody has any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks is advanced;
Adam Cohen

Edited by adambcohen, 12 January 2006 - 04:56 AM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
First of all the game requires a minimum of 256MB when using XP.

It could be that the game is trying to use a resolution that the monitor doesn't support, try changing it in the options. Also the latest drivers couldn't hurt.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 12 January 2006 - 08:01 AM.

GameMakerThomas

GameMakerThomas

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
You're running a sub-1ghz processor with 128mb of RAM on XP? You seriously need to upgrade, my computer has a 2.4ghz processor with 512mb of RAM... However I can barely run the game because the GFX is terrible..
And you got a PCI video card?? (Please tell me it's PCI-E)
Can you tell us what video card you got, and make sure you have all the drivers updated (I was having a problem with NWN but a new driver fixed that)

-Thomas

EDIT: Wait a second... Roller Coaster Tycoon 2!! I dunno what I did but I thought it said 3.... I have a comp similar to that which can run it fine, so update your drivers.

Edited by GameMakerThomas, 12 January 2006 - 10:52 AM.

adambcohen

adambcohen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks, I went to ati and downloaded the newest drivers. With that now the application will not start; meaning ati is having an apps error. Also, I am in agreement with you that my memory is also an issue so I will try and increase that too. If you can offer anything else that would be great.
Adam Cohen