Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing new drivers

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
wrong address for everest...sorrry http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=13
that's a better location

Advertisements

foxlighter

foxlighter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
ok this is what i have done so far, unpluged the computer and taken out skystar2 card and put back ito
diverent slot and turned on power and it was seen by the computer and all is ok , now i shall install
new progdvb software and see what happens, well i have spent all afternoon doing this and doing this and still this bloody microsoft message keeps coming up, i think i will move over to ubuntu linux but i have this problem, i dont know if theres a skystar 2 driver for linux and if i did know of one how would i go about
putting it onto my linux

Attached Thumbnails

• 2204c_b_Jackson_Posters.jpg

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that window that keeps coming up is related to that software for that card...either something is corrupted with the software...or it just doesn't like your machine...if the reinstall of the card doesn't fix it...then we'll have to try some other stuff

foxlighter

foxlighter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
everst what does this do to my computer, i have been into the everst and it gives me all whats on my computer,

Attached Thumbnails

• ab67198v_b_Toscano_Valley_II_Posters.jpg

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it doesn't do anything TO your computer..it just creates a report of what is in your computer...such as hardware and what not...

foxlighter

foxlighter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
i think its time to give this progdvb on the head, i mean we could talk to the air is blue and we still wont
get this progdvb to work, i must tell you that i have had lots of trouble with my computer and i think its all down to the cd drivers that you get with your new computer, may be some part of the drivers are
corupt or somthing, thats why im trying to put new drivers onto my pc to see if that works or not, i will
give anything a try, it cant kill you can it,

Attached Thumbnails

• 126p.jpg

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you supspect the drivers for any hardware go to device manager and right click on the device...do update drivers...it may ask yo uif you want to search the internet...let it do that...if it doesn't find a better driver...use everest to find out the make and model of that device...go to that ocmpany's website and download the drivers and install them (most of the time..drivers are packaged in an auto extracting auto installing exe file)

foxlighter

foxlighter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
downloaded new drivers from gigbyte and all is ok but progdvb is not working right its got this F@@@
message and i can tell you its getting right up my [bleep], if you know what i mean, at least i have new drivers with the latest driver software, i was just thinking is there any other stuff like progdvb that will work with my skystar2 card, hope there is, my brother has just said that there is this orange thing which is like progdvb
but not the same, what do you think

Attached Thumbnails

• 10220420a_b_Sanctuary_Posters.jpg

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...i'm not familiar with the card or the software ( i assume it's so you can watch tv on the computer?) if that's the case maybe you could google it...or go to the skystar website and see what they suggest