Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Celestica 9200SE ATI RADEON troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply

Jackler

Jackler

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I've recently purchased said card, and recieved it today. I installed it in the usual procedure, unscrewed the old one, popped it out, and slid the new one into place. When the computer started, everything was working well. Logged in under my handle, but noticed the view was 640 X 480. I switched it over temporarily to 800 X 600, and started to install the drivers with the CD provided. Already however, when the computer was starting up, I noticed a significant difference in speed. It took my system nearly 5 minutes to fully load, and even after loading, scrolling up and down a window or grabbing a window/folder and moving around makes it skip around really choppy. Could my computer be too slow to handle the higher end video card? Could it just be the settings? Or is the video card a bust? After installing the drivers and the such for the card, there doesnt seem to be a place in the control panel for me to change the new cards settings.

Now for Comp. specs.

1.8 GHZ, Compaq issued chip
512 MB RM(x2)

The original card that came with the system was an nVidia GeForce MX 200 Something,heh. For greater comp. specs, the model is Presario 5430US, series 5000.

Edited by Jackler, 12 January 2006 - 10:26 AM.

Advertisements

Jackler

Jackler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Huh, well, an update on the issue. I decided to try the card out on a graphic intense game, and it returned saying It cannot run without at least 12 MB available video memory.