Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer has aids

• Please log in to reply

Asia

Asia

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey guys, i posted earlier about getting rid of some nasty popups. you guys ran me through some of the suggested programs. i did all of that. the popups have slowed down however they still come occasionally. mostly from monstermarketplace.com. also under the windows task manager i see all of the normal programs plus ngpw36. what is this and is it really bad? thanks guys i really appreciate what you guys do here. keep up the good work

Edited by Asia, 12 January 2006 - 10:56 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The process belongs to the software ngpw by ESD Technologies, Inc.

Description: File ngpw36.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 or sometimes in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 20480 bytes (70% of all occurrence), 24576 bytes.
There is no file information. It is not a Windows core file. The program is not visible. ngpw36.exe is an unknown file in the Windows folder. The process is loaded during the Windows boot process (see Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). Therefore the technical security rating is 5% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as ngpw36.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the ngpw36.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

ngpw36.exe

ngpw36.exe is an executable file that is responsible for launching parasites, loading main components of malicious programs and running a destructive payload. It is a significant part of a dangerous parasite, but can also function as a stand-alone threat. DO NOT run this file!
The ngpw36.exe file is installed and used by AdBlaster.
The ngpw36.exe file usually runs the same named process. This process silently works in background and performs harmful actions. It remains active while ngpw36.exe is present in the system. Removing the file will immediately terminate a process and prevent it from running later. That is why you have to manually delete the ngpw36.exe file. If you cannot erase it, consider using recommended spyware removers, which will get rid of ngpw36.exe and associated parasites for you.

Sometimes a presence of ngpw36.exe does not indicate that your computer is infected. It can be an essential system file or a file installed by harmless legitimate software and therefore may not pose any threat to your privacy and the system. Although such cases are quite rare, you should thoroughly examine ngpw36.exe before completely deleting or leaving it in the system

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum