Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

/// Fast Hardlock Driver?

• Please log in to reply

genisis2

genisis2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

First: I know virtually nothing about computers.
My computer which runs on XP at work had smitfraud & spyaxe on it as well as spytrooper which took over the internet. I fixed it with Ewido spy remover.
everything seemed ok no pop ups and I got the internet back. Next day though the system seems slow everything was functional. Today I cant seem to access anything, everytime I click on a shortcut to something I need the hour glass icon shows up and the program seems to freeze . I go into safemode to try and work from there and an error comes up" CANNOT FIND /// Fast Hard Lock Driver". :tazz:
thank you
I just realized I cant access anything on the desktop including anti spyware stuff.

Ok a little update. Going through the internet I can find some things on this, but nothing really helpful , so I may have taken this driver out using Ewido. I remember spyware was inbedded in something and Ewido prompted me to have the whole thing taken out.

Drumroll please. The dummy (which happens to be me) has fixed it! I went into safe mode and did a system restore everything came back, Im functional with all the spyware crap. Also anyone who was looking into this and trying to help out no need but thank you anyway.

Edited by genisis2, 13 January 2006 - 11:02 AM.

Advertisements