Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Decent PSU's

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey guys, i know antec make great power supply units, but does anyone know where you can get quality, power and price?

a make called magna i use usually but they are budget power supplies and im just waiting for one to go haywire.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Look at thermaltake next. I dont know how many watts you need but they make a true power 420 watt for $39 or less and its not a cheap company or psu.

Edited by jrm20, 12 January 2006 - 04:09 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, our UK if rememeber right, so i wuld reccomend Hyper, excellent PSUs and a good price.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
yeh i was looking at hyper and thermaltake they look decently priced, but i need about 600W. Looks like its a budget job untill my next pay

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Why do you need 600W, you arent going to build a system that needs that much power, at least not for less than £3000 odd quid and even at that you would have to stick two gfx cards in it and some 1500rpm drives and a 4800+ or and FX60.

The hipers are all 580W anyways which is as near 600W as youre going to need, if you want something spectacular get a Sparkle 700W or a enermax 1KW PSU.

Edited by warriorscot, 13 January 2006 - 01:12 PM.