Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

lady38

lady38

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I purchased a new computer recently. I had the IT department in the store take my hard drive from my old computer and install it in my new computer. I am using the old hard drive as my data drive instead of keeping my data on the new hard drive. If I leave the computer for say 30 minutes or more, I will come back to errors stating my drive cannot be located, so any file in Exel, Word, or my .pst file in Outlook has disappeared because the computer is no longer reading my old hard drive. Sometimes I can correct it by closing the software and re-opening it, then the drive will appear again. But recently, I've had to reboot for it to appear. Anyone have an idea of what's going on and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Advertisements