Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone too quiet

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi, when I record using my microphone it is too quiet and I can hardly hear anything when I play it back. Now the microphone volume is all the way up in the volume tab and I also have mic boost on...

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Low Mic Recording Volume
12th Jan 2006

Here are some links pertaining to your Issue

[1] Line In Recording Tips –
http://www.jrmediace...cordingtips.htm

[2] Recording Tips
http://support.polar...8A?OpenDocument

Jack123

mozzer11

mozzer11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Thanks, but i've done everything I can that is listed there but still no luck. The weird thing is my mic used to work fine.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Low Mic Recording Volume (#2)
12th Jan 2006

That’s interesting –

Thanks, but i've done everything I can that is listed there but still no luck. The weird thing is my mic used to work fine.

1-How long has that been
2-What Downloads – Window Updates – Driver Updates -
3- What Upgrades
4- Same Mic – Any batteries –
5- Did you make any – [Sensitivity Changes] – What type of Mic- [Omni –Directional] – [Unidirectional]

Just trying to – [Jog your memory] - Think back – And see if you can remember – Any significant – [Change] – [Addition] – [Driver Change] etc -

Do you have any [Restore] Dates set – Maybe you could do a [Restore]

Jack123

Savage_DjP

Savage_DjP

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm doing some research on the web for a friend,

He recently installed a new Sound Blaster PCI card his mom bought for him, he installed software from a CD and followed the instructions.

Now he's having the same problems with the microphone being too quiet. He comes into TS (TeamSpeak), and alike "mozzer", his Mic Boost is on, the Capture volume is all the way up top, the Line-In and Microphone audio levels on Volume Control are up top, but still really quiet. We can hear him but not as well as we used to be able to.

I thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

Dennison.

:whistling:

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
wow i have the same problem when i play counter-strike source, i set everything to max but everyone says im to soft!!!