Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error Code

• Please log in to reply

cozi

cozi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Palm software was inoperable. HotSync Manager would not open so I removed the program and reinstalled. The Palm program is still inoperable and I'm receiving an error message called Smart Heap Library with a message titled "MEM_BAD_POINTER". I spoke with Palm customer service and was informed that I have a Smart Heap Problem which comes from MicroQuill Software and I should speak to Microsoft. Microsoft tole me to call Dell and Dell told me to perform an express test which did not work.
What does mem_bad_pointer means and how do I eliminate?

ps. I acidentally removed a program called "Dell Music Juke Box" several weeks ago. Could this be the problem?

Trouble Shooting performed to date: I performed an express test but it failed: Error OFOO:136C. IDE Device failed. Blank media or no media is present in optical drive. Test requires media with digital data.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements