Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Resolution won't change stuck on 800 x 600

• Please log in to reply

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Help me please my screen resolution won't change from 800 x 600 to anything higher. It happened when I went on holiday for a week and left my computer at home (turned off) and when I came back it was like this. It might be because my silly mum installed another windows XP operating system over our previous one. Anyway to fix? Thanks.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try re-installing the drivers for your video card!!

Murray

raiden69

raiden69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Try changing the monitor refresh rate _ display properties -monitor

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
In your video card display advanced options make shure you didnt force the resolution. Make shure everything is application controlled so you can change it within the game.

frinkulator

frinkulator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
thankyou raiden your idea worked. It appeared I had the refresh rate on 85 hertz which didn't support anything higher than 800 x 600 so i changed it to 75 hertz. Ta.