Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program trying to act as a server? HJT log attached

• Please log in to reply

txacoli

txacoli

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I hope someone can help me please? I am very diligent about cleaning my computer regularly, but just recently, I have been having this problem.

When I connect and go to my homepage - which is the BBC page, I receive the following message:

You (or a program) have requested information from newsimg.bbc.co.uk
Which connection do you want to use?

It then gives me a choice of two connections - the one I use and another called Broadband Connection, which I don't remember setting up, but hey, I can't remember what I did yesterday :tazz:

A quick search says that this looks like a program trying to act as a server, but I'm not too technical a person and I don't know what to do about this. Can anyone help please? I have attached a Hijack this log in case that helps.

Txacoli

P.S. New log attached - I attached the wrong one earlier by mistake

Attached Files

Edited by txacoli, 13 January 2006 - 06:47 PM.

Advertisements