Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

External DVD drives

• Please log in to reply

hduc

hduc

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I got an external DVD burner , thinking that I could copy to disc some home videos that I have downloaded on my computer....

well so far I have not had any luck doing that.....I downloaded all the info that came with it....

I had trouble finding that ( external)drive on the computer, it kept opening to my DVD-rom...finally I did get famalier on how to direct to the external drive, but the external programs are not recognising my home videos???

Any suggestions...I did upload them to a website and tried to figure a way to make the disc from there but haven't had any luck that way either.

Can I only make the disc on the external DVD drive from my camcorder???

Advertisements

Bradbx

Bradbx

• Pip
  • 4 posts
what brand/model DVD burner? what burning software are you trying to use? what format are the movies currently in (.avi, .mpg, etc) and do you know what codec was used to encode them?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manger...do you see any yellow ! or ?

hduc

hduc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

what brand/model DVD burner? what burning software are you trying to use? what format are the movies currently in (.avi, .mpg, etc) and do you know what codec was used to encode them?

it is LiteOn and it came with a Nero disc, a PowerDVD 5 disc and my camcorder came with DVD Media Pro 1.0 and a ULEAD VideoStudio 7.0 disc

??? there was a codec something on one of the camcorder discs...

Please bear with me, I am new to this!!! Thanks....