• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Yes VirtumondeBegone can still be used.

If Virtumondebegone doesn't help you, please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

Advertisements

tiine

tiine

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How long does it take VundoFix to scan?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It varies for each PC, I wouldn't imagine it lasting longer than an hour for most PCs

Tobydog777

Tobydog777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,

I am almost positive that I have the Virtumonde virus. I have read a lot of different forums and other websites about the matter. I have downloaded VundoFix and it has been running for around 2 hours and hasn't found anything. Well it actually just finished now and said there are no files??? I guess I will just tell you what is happening. I have a 'shield' icon on the toolbar that keeps telling me that I have a security risk. It pops up every minute or so. M background is a warning saying that I have win32/adaware.virtumonde and win32/privacyremover.m64. I am at a loss at this point. I have ran Norton and Spyware Doctor and they are no help. I keep getting pop ups for spyware and anti virus programs. What can I do? Thanks

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Head to the malware removal forum, read the Sticky Threads and follow the steps there

Joseph Beckitt

Joseph Beckitt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
No logs in this section please

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

Edited by Essexboy, 14 September 2008 - 05:16 AM.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Are other Winfixer variants fixed by this tool? Such as WinAntiVirusPro 2007, and XP Antivirus 2009? Correct me if I am wrong about those 2 being variants :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Should fix WinFixer, not sure about AntiVirus 2009

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Thanks for the info :)

freemocy

freemocy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i did what you said. i downloaded vundofix but no infected viruses detected though my antivir antivirus keeps popping up vundo trojan alerts. what shall i do please?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

david1874

david1874

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Alternate fix: (use only if the above fix didn't work)
1) Download VirtumundoBegone
2) Save VirtumundoBeGone.exe to your desktop.
3) Run VirtumundoBeGone.exe and follow the instructions. Do not worry if you see a BLUE SCREEN "Fatal Error" Message, this is normal and expected.
4) When it has finished, reboot.

Hey. :) thanks very much for the help. i had a virtumonde virus for days and tried lots of programs. i had tried the first way and it never detected the virus, but the second way then allowed me to turn my automatic updates for windows on.

thanks very much,

david.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Glad it worked for you :)

Thanks for letting us know

david1874

david1874

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Glad it worked for you :)

Thanks for letting us know

hi, i still need help though please!!

After getting my automatic updates to turn on, i still have 2 trojan which keep popping up adverts when i am on the internet. They are described in avg as:

Trojan Horse Generic11. BAGQ and are in windows/system32/winlogon.exe (956) and windows/system32/kvwvtz.dll

Do you have any ideas on how to remove then?

Thanks

David

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.