Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB to Serial converter

• Please log in to reply

Josco

Josco

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys

The new PC's (Dell) that our company is getting do not have Serial (or Parallel) ports on them any more, just USB's. This is OK in most cases but we have some equipement that can only use a serial connection, particularly Symbol LDT BarCode scanners and their cradles. I have bought a USB serial converter but I cannot get it to connect. I have allocated it to com2 (and 3,4 etc) in the 'device manager', and I have altered the ini file for the cradle, but no joy. Are there any commands that I can run to test the connection?

Regards
Josco

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Com Port to USB Convertor
13th Jan 2006

Welcome to G2G –

Is this your Bar Code Scanner -

[Symbol LDT-3805 Hand Held Bar Code Scanner]
http://www.datamaxsy...l_ldt-3805.html

How old is this piece of equipment – You need to contact the Manufacturer – See below -

The Symbol LDT-3805 Hand Held Scanner is constructed with the end user in mind. The LDT-3805 is ergonomically designed for maximum flexibility and functionality and it's that design creates maximum end user comfort, less strain on the user makes for a productive work environment. Symbol's reputation for quality design continues with the LDT-3805. It is a great choice for scan-intensive environments of both retail and industrial sites! Merging Laser diode scanning with manual key entry and a light weight, compact construction makes the LDT-3805 a great addition to your inventory system!
The 46 key alphanumeric keyboard and backlit LCD screen are just some of the productivity features. The display is 8 line by 20 character and uses a MS-DOS ฎ based operating system.
For more product information and availability, please contact us. http://www.datamaxsy.../inquiries.html

Looks as if it uses MS-DOS - - - -[Pre USB Interface] - - - - -

Just found this link – USB Drivers for DOS – Browse thru –
http://www.bootdisk.com/usb.htm

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 13 January 2006 - 11:02 PM.

Josco

Josco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Jack123
Thanks, I'll have a look at these when I get a chance. Apologies for the late reply.

Josco