Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

sm_micek

sm_micek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I'm having some trouble with what I believe to be a hardware related issue because sometimes my computer won't POST and will just sit there and look at me funny with the fans, HDs, CD Drives, Etc. running. What I have to do to get it to boot up is flip the power switch on the PSU for a second or two and then flip it back on. After I do this the computer will boot to the point of the Windows XP boot screen and will stay there for however long you leave it. The progress bar keeps scrolling the entire time though. The only way to get the computer to boot entirely is to then select Use last known good configuration on the boot options screen. Then windows will run and seem fine. Every once in a while, but not regularly, the computer will lock up in windows and become unresponsive. Windows has some various problems too that are seemingly unrelated, but I'll name them anyways. I run Daemon Tools, a Virtual CD/DVD Mounting program, and it brings up an error at startup that basically says it can't start. Also, I can't access Add/Remove programs. It brings up an error like Wrong entry at line 521 or something like that. Anyways, the way this all started was when I began upgrading my computer. I had an A8N-SLI board in with the 7800GTX Video Cards put together in the case waiting for the rest of my parts to come. I had the water hoses taken loose and had them covered, but still somehow the water was able to leak through them. I got water on the Video cards and motherboard, but I didn't have them on power so I dried them off best I could. To my knowledge I got all the water off of everything but the motherboard which I replaced with a new one of the same type after that one wouldn't boot. The video cards didn't have much water on them to begin with (just a few drops which I dried with a blow dryer and cue tips) so I don't believe that they're any problem (I hope they're not). So what I have basically is a brand new A8N-SLI Deluxe MB with dual 7800GTX Video cards that are also brand new with the exception of getting water on them which wasn't enough to present a problem, and a computer that doesn't boot after it's been off for awhile. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements