Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card

• Please log in to reply

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Alright so i installed my video card and it worked great. Then it died because i didnt have enough power for my system. So i got a 550W PSU and once again the card worked great. But now when i start my system its all fuzzy. Meaning there are like black dots everywhere and windows was all jumbled. However safe mode worked fine, so i System Restored to a month ago because all the other points didnt do anything. IT still looks fuzzy when i boot but after that its clear. The problem occurs with my video card, i cant install the card drivers because it doesnt see any nvidia hardware. And when i try to do it manually it reconizes its a nvidia6000xt but after installing it errors out and says "access denied". PLease help... sorry, its long.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you trying to install the drivers in safe mode?

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
nope, but when i system resored in safemode i could boot back up normally and get into windows... which i coudnt do before. But once in this restored state it wont reconize the new hardware, well it does, just cant install the drivers cause it doesnt see it as the 6800

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...well...try uninstalling the drivers for the card in device manager..and run drivercleaner (just google driver cleaner and you'll find it) run that and let it delete what it finds...then start the machine again..windows should detect the card

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
okay now i can only boot up in safe mode... will the program still run?

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hey favs,
there might be a four pin plug on your gfx card. (i forget the correct name for the 4 pin connectors). On some gfx if its not plugged in the card will either not work at full potential, or wont work at all. i cant say that that would hinder your card from not being recognized by xp but it wouldnt hurt to open the case and take a look and see if there is a plug thats been missed, or if its not fitted securely.

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yeah it does have four pin connector (i forget the name too) but its connected and secure

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you sure you're starting in safe mode? a driverless graphix card looks a lot like safe mode? does it say safe mode in the corners?