Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Wanted: Outlook Express Anti-Spam Software

• Please log in to reply

Boyo

Boyo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hello everyone,

I do not use Outlook Express, and I never have, so I am not even sure what it is all about. I got a phone call from Mom, 60 years old and is lucky if she can connect to the internet on a daily basis. She called to complain that she is getting flooded with spam, and if I could help find a spam filter. I have been all over; Softpedia, Snapfiles, Cnet.... My head is going to explode if I look at one more review.

What I am looking for is a reliable, ease to use interface that is either Freeware, or doesn't break the bank. Does ANYONE have any recommendations, or places to point me to for further investigation??? Guys, even though Mom is in the Keys right now, don't think the phone hasn't stopped ringing. I use Yahoo Browser which has its own built in spam filter, so I have no familiarity with outlook express anti-spam filters.....Thank you in advance for any sort of input, even if it is to tell me you can't think of anything either.......

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Free Anti Spam Filter for Outlook and Outlook Express

SPAMfighter Standard is 100% free for private use

Award winning spam blocking technology

Protects against "phishing", identity theft and other email fraud

Protects all the email accounts on your PC

Unique language filtering tool that empowers you to stop emails written in specific languages

Automatic "real mail" protection - means no lost business mails!

Blacklist domains and emails

Spam Abuse Reporting with one click

Automatic Whitelist management

Privacy Guaranteed - we don't see any of your email

Does not filter based on simple phrases or "trigger" words. Allows any content
Language support: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Suomi and Danish.

SPAMfighter requires:

Operating System Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98 or Windows ME

Email client Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express

Memory 64 MB minimum

Disk Space 10 MB

There are two versions of SPAMfighter: (and you can already guess which one Mom will prefer)

SPAMfighter Pro

This is the product you download and get free for 1 month. After the trial, you can choose to pay only $29 and keep the Pro version, otherwise you are automatically downgraded to the free SPAMfighter Standard.
SPAMfighter Pro can be used in companies and other commercial environments and gives access to better protection

SPAMfighter Standard

Is free and can only be used in private homes and schools. In SPAMfighter Standard, a short text ad is displayed in your e-mail client, and an "I'm protected by SPAMfighter" message is appended to your outgoing e-mails. You don't have the language filter and other useful features are missing.

Limitations: You get SPAMfighter Pro one month for free. After that you automatically get the 100% free SPAMfighter Standard for private use as long as you want.

Spam Fighter

Boyo

Boyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Keith,

As per usual, you always come through for me. You are my Guru Gardian Angel.......I will be getting right on that, and getting it downloaded for Mom.........Thank you very much for your help. It's much appreciated.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it runs well

Palomma

Palomma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
try Feox for Outlook Express. it's a easy to use anti-spam tool.
scans your contacts and sent and saved messages to build a list of approved senders. Mail from anyone not on that list is routed to a quarantine folder, with the option to send a confirmation query to the sender. You can also add entire domains to the approved senders list.