Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Problems

• Please log in to reply

Nothi

Nothi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I get crashes pretty frequently whenever I play games...so I ran memtest86 on my computer.

I get error reports, anywhere from 1 to 4 errors everytime I ran it. And every time it showed an error, it called out a different address but with the same bit (bit 2) in error every time. I read their website on trouble shooting but couldn't figure out why this is happening... this is what i'm using now on my computer:

av8 motherboard
amd 3500+ 939
mushkin pc3200 2x512 ram (L2V2)
radeon x800 pro

Everything was brand new except for the mother board, which was one i bought that had been returned and tested as good.

Any suggestions on what to do? Whats causing this? How to fix it? Please help, thank you.

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
What size PSU do you have??

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Try running memtest with just one stick, if it shows errors run again with the other stick, if you determine one stick to be bad the run the good one for awhile to see if the computer is stable.

You could also try uping the mem volts a bit.

Rick