Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply

jamaica man

jamaica man

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
computer keeps restarting over and over hmm its hard to explain it restartes right after it gets done with the "welcome to windows xp" then it lets me move mouse around and the system restarts. i had just formatted and installed a fresh copy of xp pro and updated it it had restarted fine yesterday i left it on all night tolet steam update when i woke up it was frozen and all that showed was the desktop background the start bar wasnt visable and none of the icons

i would be grateful for any help cause this type of [bleep] annoys me bad lol

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system spash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.)

This will result in a text based menu. Use the curors/arrorw keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

Does the problem recur in safe mode?

jamaica man

jamaica man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
yes it works fine in safe mode thats what i was posting in [bleep] this is bs