Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When intstalling printer.. Spooler won't start.

• Please log in to reply

Manybears

Manybears

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to install my Lexmark 515 printer and anytime I click on set up it starts taking me through the set up Wizard and then it goes to a dark blue screen and a windows (grey) box pops up and asks :"Set up has determined Spooler service has stopped. In order to continue installation you must start service again. Click Yes to continue, No to Cancel"
So i click "YEs" and i just go's back to windows and does nothing else.
I had installed this printer a couple of weeks ago and did print a test page but that was it. The only other thing i can think of is that i was screwing around with the Settings in "WinPatrol"!?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thank you

Murray

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type services.msc then press enter, look for print spooler, double click it, set the start up type to automatic, click apply, click start the service, click OK, reboot, check the service is running, run disc clean up then re-install the printer

Manybears

Manybears

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the info.!!
I must have shut something down i shouldn't have. It's up and working again.
The the help is greatly appreaciated!

Murray

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know