Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics won't display

• Please log in to reply

cybergeek102

cybergeek102

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I recently signed up for an online course but when I tried to take the course, the window containing the course was blank with a red "x" in the upper left-hand corner of the window. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Advertisements

fay47

fay47

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Can you see pictures on other sites? If not you migh try this: Got to IE - tools>inernet options>advanced>under multimedia make sure show pictures is checked.

I have had some on line courses that certain pictures would show the same way - box with an x- and on checking it was confirmed that it contained a bad link. I have also had the occasional problem with pictures in e-mail - sometimes they show and soemtimes not. Checked all the settings anyone told me and they were ok = some pictures still don't show.

So, the only 2 things I can suggest - is check the options to make sure show picutres is checked and check with the site to make sure the link is good.
OH, I think I did have to make sure Java Scripting was enabled for one problem I was having.

Fay

cybergeek102

cybergeek102

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the advice, Fay. "Show pictures" box was already checked. I guess all that's left for me to do is contact the site itself and see if it's a good link.

Kimball