Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ymmapi.dll

• Please log in to reply

USMCSniper

USMCSniper

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi people, new here. I get this message when clicking on a websites email contact us button, or opening Yahoo email: Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\ymmapi.dll
The specified module could not be found.

All of a sudden "poooof" it started. I keep my system very lean, no videos or junk. Thanks!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi USMCSniper...

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Yahoo Messenger.

wannabe1

USMCSniper

USMCSniper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi wannabe1. I installed Messenger w/voice. Can get to yahoo email from desktop inco ok. Still cannot get my yahoo default email to open by clicking on a sites email contact link. Tried a bunch of sites I use...........SEMPER FI

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Go To your Yahoo E-mail account and click on Help in the upper right corner of the page. Type Make default in the "Ask Yahoo! Help" box...click the top link that results. You will have to download a very small application to accomplish this and that link will take you to it, but you must do it from your own Yahoo mail account.

SEMPER FI...even though I'm ex Air Force... :tazz: Hey...thanks for doing all you do!

wannabe1

USMCSniper

USMCSniper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Did as instructed. Nothing downloaded, just came up w/instructions to go into IE6 internet options and set yahoo as default email app, it is default already. Still get error message..........
SEMPER FI 3/3 KILO

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try the second link after typing "make default"...you need to get to a page with a blue window in it. There's a continue link at the bottom of that window. Click the continue link to download the app. (I tried to copy the link for you, but it goes to my yahoo account :tazz: )

wannabe1

USMCSniper

USMCSniper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Mission accomplished, outstanding job! Thank you sir....USMCSniper> "When it absolutly, positively has to be destroyed overnight" OOhrah!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

"When it absolutly, positively has to be destroyed overnight" OOhrah!

Makes me wish I was a Marine!

You are welcome, sir. Glad we've got your issue resolved! :tazz:

wannabe1