Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes at Windows 98 shutdown screen and other times

• Please log in to reply

jeezermd

jeezermd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ever since I installed Panda Titanium 2006 on my computer, I get a lot of freeze-ups. These usually happen when I am using IE. I also get a freeze-up when I am shutting off my computer. It occurs at the Windows 98 screen right before the computer shuts down. When these happen, I have to turn off the computer and restart it from the power. Any ideas on what could be causing this and maybe a fix? Thanks so much.

Advertisements

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hey,

It's probably because you have too much things installed on your computer. Right click your C: in My Computer and click on Properties. You should have at least 30% memory left, just to be on the safe side. If your memory is pretty full go to..

Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Remove everything you don't use anymore.

Try that and it should work. I thought that this would be the problem because it happened right after you installed something meaning it probably clogged up your remaining memory.

-Joe

jeezermd

jeezermd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, but I've gone that route. I've deleted everything that's not important.