Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor issues

• Please log in to reply

shockerboy8

shockerboy8

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
alright, my sister just got a new flat screen monitor from someone, its a hp 1530, they plugged it in and everything and it works but.... it shuts off about every 2 minutes, like it jsut goes to sleep or something, and while its on theres a little box that says "input signal out of range", i have tried what i can and nothing seems to work, shes at 1280x1024 resolution, 85 htz refresh rate and thats about it. so if someoen could help me out so i can tell my sister how to fix this that would be great. thanks

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
RTM:

http://h20000.www2.h...b21_rev1_us.pdf

Page B-3 (36 of 45).

The preferred setting for the 1530 is 1024x768 60Hz and the 85Hz refresh is out of range, as it says. Drop the refresh rate to 60 (or within range) and the problem should go away.