Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Geforce Drivers (need help)

• Please log in to reply

Ksalls

Ksalls

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ello

I have a Sony vaio vgn-s460 with windows XP. and a geforce go 6200 graphics card. Ive been trygn to isntall the new drivers that nvidia has put out but when i try to, the installation says this "the NVIDA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatable with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"

This is the "81.98_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql" that i just downloaded from their site. it is the correct OS as well. Any ideas one what i can do? Any help at all would be great, thanks!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would get Driver Cleaner at http://www.drivercleaner.net/ (it is free) and clean up the previous driver installation. Then try installing the current driver again. Once you have downloaded driver cleaner, go to add/remove programs and delete the current driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then reboot and install the current driver.

Ksalls

Ksalls

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you i will try that!